Calendar of Events
Here is a list of upcoming events and meetings in the Toledo, Ohio area.
- NAGT Monthly Meetings
Our monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month
starting at 6:30pm at the Epilepsy
Center of Northwest Ohio, 1701 Holland Rd., Maumee, OH 43537. A
map to the Epilepsy Center is available through the link provided. Note that the entrance to
the parking lot is on Hickory Pointe Rd.
We have a variety of programs planned for our regular meetings.
The programs will be a perfect opportunity to use up some
of your stash, so please bring some appropriate fabric and threads to each meeting.
If you would like to share your stash with your stitching neighbor, please do so!
You will need to provide items such as stretcher bars, hoops, needles and scissors
as well as your standard stitching supplies.
In addition to the regularly scheduled program, we may also be working on a variety of other projects,
such as Correspondance Courses from the EGA. Every quarter, members bring in completed
projects to show for our Get It Finished contest. Each completed project earns a ticket(s) in
a drawing for a prize at our December meeting. Pieces with less than 14 square inches of stitching will earn 1 ticket, pieces 14-75 square inches earn 2 tickets and anything larger than 75 square inches of stitching will earn 3 tickets.
Beginning in September 2016, we have quarterly Stash Redistribution. You may bring items to donate to other stitchers, and perhaps pick up something from someone else!
If no one else is interested in your items, you will have to take them back, since NAGT doesn't have storage facilities.
Please check back here for updates as they become available. Here is a tentative schedule for our upcoming meetings.
- May 9 – Blackwork, led by Ann Rorarius; Stash Redistribution
- June 13 – Annual Pot Luck and Stitch-In; Get It Finished!
- July 11 – Encore X 2, led by Lois Wetherill
- August 8 – Freeform Beading, led by Christine Hampshire; Stash Redistribution
- September 12 – Cutwork, led by Caren Scarbrough; Get It Finished!
- October 10 – Pulled Thread - Part 1, led by Elizabeth Freeman and Irene Leonard
- November 14 – Pulled Thread - Part 2, led by Elizabeth Freeman and Irene Leonard; Stash Redistribution
- June 13 – Holiday Celebration; Installation of Officers; Get It Finished!
- Needlework Sharing
In order spark interest in different techniques and to get ideas for new programs and teaching opportunities,
we have a monthly Needlework Sharing theme. Our members are encouraged to bring examples of the monthly techniques,
and to describe the materials used for the project, along with any challenges they found, and if the project was from
a class or correspondence course. A participation award will be given out to a random participant at the end of the
year. Here are the monthly themes for 2018.
- May – Goldwork, Cutwork, Silk Ribbon
- June – Favorite Framed Picture
- July – Trapunto, Quilting, Crazy Quilting
- August – Original Design / Adaptation
- September – Stumpwork, Counted Thread, Cross Stitch
- October – Blackwork, Redwork, Whitework
- November – Samplers, Shadow Work
- December – Favorite Stitched Ornament
No part of this website may be published, reproduced, stored in, or
introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means
whatsoever (including electronic, mechanical, photocopy) other than for personal or
chapter/region use without written permission from the copyright holder.
This page was last updated on May 1, 2018.